At Cimarron Healthcare’s Surgical Center, children and adults may receive dental treatment in conjunction with general anesthesia, also called sedation dentistry. An anesthesiologist or CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthesiologist) will provide general anesthesia while Dr. R.H. Melton will provide the dental treatment.
There are numerous reasons you or your child may have been referred for anesthetic dental care. The most common reason is that your child is too young, or apprehensive, to sit while the dental care is completed. Other reasons for children or adults might include anxiety, special needs or complicating medical conditions.
A preoperative evaluation is completed prior to any general anesthesia dentistry including:
- A thorough review of the patient’s medical history
- A complete physical examination
- A review of the patients current medications and allergies
- Knowledge of the patient’s previous anesthetic experiences
- Possible diagnostic lab tests and additional consultations
Important Information Before Surgery
- Please do not consume any food or drink after 12:00 a.m. the night before your procedure. If you do consume any food or drink, please notify the staff. Your procedure may need to be rescheduled.
- Please wear no jewelry or make-up.
- The parent or guardian must remain on the premises of Cimarron Healthcare Center during any surgical procedure of a minor.